Copy/Paste COLUMNS from One Sheet to Another

Good morning!

We are working on updating the Milestones we track on all projects. In order to increase our data points to create more opportunities for more dynamic reporting, I have about 30 columns on a master "template" sheet that I need to add to all of our existing project tracking sheets.

Is there any way to copy/paste COLUMNS from one sheet to another, including the Column Header?

Thank you!

Kate

Answers

• Lori Cross
    Lori Cross ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @KGetchell I have used Data Mesh to copy data from my source sheet to another (target) sheet. You must have one column on each sheet with common data, like an order # or SSID# but it is easy to set up and the target sheet is always current with the master's data. I hope this is helpful. Lori

• Thank you, @Lori Cross. The data copy is not the challenge, it's the physical columns.

Example:

Sheet 1: Rows A, B, C, D

Sheet 2: Rows A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H

Goal: COPY Columns E, F, G, and H from Sheet 2 into Sheet 1 (including Headers)

• Hi @KGetchell

If you use a Copy Row workflow or if you manually use the Copy Row option on a row, this will automatically add any columns that don't exist on the source sheet to the destination sheet with the same names. See: Things to know about moving and copying rows between sheets

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Pauline J
    Pauline J ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the same challenge -- over 100 sheets that need to match, and need to add 5 more columns -- when I copy the row (select copy to another sheet) the row doesn't copy, and the new columns are not added to the destination sheet. Isn't there a way to copy these columns into all the other sheets without having to recreate every column one at a time on each sheet? Some of these are contact lists and drop-downs .... it will be a lot of work to do this. Fingers crossed!