Wrong date format in filled PDF documents

Hello everyone,

I have this problem with date format in filled PDF documents.

Since we are printing official documents here, it is very important to have correct date format, which is yyyy.mm.dd

This format is set in fillable form PDF. (tried to remove all formats, but it doesn't help)

Same format is set in smartsheet:

It is almost the same in regional settings (by the way I'm Lithuanian, and current Lithuanian format is nothing even close to real Lithuanian format, so we have to use Hungarian)

Anyway. What ever settings we change, what ever we do. What ever we try - date format is always the same: "yy. mm. dd." There are spaces between dots. And there is last dot after "dd" which is absurd, because this date format doesn't even exist. Note in this example, every date field has different date formats, but the result is the same.

How can i fix this? Any ideas? Thank you

Answers

• Hi @CMGbaltic

The expected behaviour for Document Builder is that it should pull the date format from your Regional Preferences in Smartsheet (the Hungarian date format of yyyy.mm.dd). I've tested what you're seeing and can replicate the same unexpected result: the date is pulling through as yy.mm.dd. instead of the default Hungarian format.

I've escalated this for the Product team to review and log as a bug - I don't have an ETA for when this may be fixed, but we're looking in to it. Thank you for your detailed examples!

In the meantime, an alternate solution could be to use a formula to translate the date into a Text cell with the correct formatting, then map this to a text cell in the PDF as well.

Example formula:

=YEAR(Date@row) + "." + IF(MONTH(Date@row) < 11; "0" + MONTH(Date@row); MONTH(Date@row)) + "." + DAY(Date@row)

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Hi @Genevieve P. ,

Thank you for the effort in providing a temporary solution; however, 18 months later, this bug is yet to be fixed.

• Hi @Y.Nassir

This specific scenario was fixed in April, 2022.

Can you clarify exactly what you're seeing, and what your regional settings are configured to? It would be helpful to see the same screen captures as CMGbaltic posted above, but with your settings.

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now