Legacy Resource Management (aka Resource Views) - how long will this be continued?

Options

Hello,

Does anyone know if Legacy Resource Management (aka Resource Views) will be continued? Or how long will it be continued?

I have a client that is not yet ready for the newer Resource Management (previously 10,000ft) and is interested in the legacy version. I just want to confirm how much time is left for this product so I can propose it as a temporary vs long term solution.

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Amanda G Lima

I don't have a timeframe for how long the Legacy Resource Views will be available, but it's no longer being maintained or updated so I wouldn't recommend starting a new process with it at this time.

If your client needs resourcing capabilities, Resource Management and the Panel in Smartsheet will be the best option.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Amanda G Lima

I don't have a timeframe for how long the Legacy Resource Views will be available, but it's no longer being maintained or updated so I wouldn't recommend starting a new process with it at this time.

If your client needs resourcing capabilities, Resource Management and the Panel in Smartsheet will be the best option.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Amanda G Lima
    Amanda G Lima ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • paulen
    paulen ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello, I just want to make it clear that Legacy RM is very important to our work. And we couldn't pay the absurd price of the new RM! A project management system without human resource control is the end of the road for us.