Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Web Form "send user to this URL" function is broken?

Options
jsal
jsal
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have an embeded customer facing web form on my website to gather client prospect information. I need to integrate tracking coding for my website's PPC ad campaign and google analytics.

Since the webform is displayed within an iframe, there is no way  for me to apply my tracking coding. As a work around, I've built an entirely new web page(which I can now track with my analytics) that displays a "thank you for your submission" message.

If all works as planned i have a perfect solution to  my issue. The problem that I am having is that when a user submits a form, the iframe reloads entire original page with in the iframe. So  there is no confirmation message, my tracking does not work, and it looks funky because i have my webpage showing the original i frame with a smaller version of the original page reloaded within.

it appears as if the "send user to this URL" function is broken

webform.PNG

web form options.PNG

webform after submission.PNG

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

If I'm understanding you correctly, there isn't a way within Smartsheet to have the iframe reload a link outside of itself (iframes are explicitly made to not do that).

Fair warning: this is outside of Smartsheet territory—the Smartsheet app only provides the means to publish a web form, it doesn't offer a way to trigger your whole site to refresh, reload, or redirect. You'll need to likely investigate a website based solution to handle this.

You may be able to set a JavaScript DOM EventListener to listen for the iframe reload and redirect to a different URL once that happens: https://www.w3schools.com/js/js_htmldom_eventlistener.asp

This discussion has been closed.