Dynamic lane assignment in card view

Hi.

I would like my users to be able to use card view based on "assigned to"

I would like the lanes to dynamically update to reflect the users assigned already in the "assigned to" column - so adding a user in grid view automatically creates a lane in card view.

I expected this to be the case and only found out it wasn't in a training session.

How can I do this please? Do we really need to add lanes manually, or remove all lane assignment to refresh to card view to include all assigned users at the point it is refreshed?

thanks

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @CycleBagEd

Once Card View Lanes have already been established, to automatically add new lanes based on a new "Assigned To" value, you would need to add this value to the Column Properties in Grid View versus just a cell in a row.

If you update the Column Properties, this will automatically add a new Lane in Card View (or you could add the Lane from the Card View perspective as well).

See: Work with card view lanes

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @CycleBagEd

Once Card View Lanes have already been established, to automatically add new lanes based on a new "Assigned To" value, you would need to add this value to the Column Properties in Grid View versus just a cell in a row.

If you update the Column Properties, this will automatically add a new Lane in Card View (or you could add the Lane from the Card View perspective as well).

See: Work with card view lanes

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Thanks @Genevieve P.

It sounds like I need to submit a feature request. I think my users would expect this to happen dynamically, and the bulk of them do not have access to edit column properties or edit lanes.

thanks

Ed