How can a form be completed without registering on the sheet?

I have a client who completed a form and it was automated correctly to me. I received the information via email. However, the data did not record on the sheet. How could this have happened and how can I correct the problem to make sure all data is recorded?

Best Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Jennifer Parins

Check your sheet to see if a filter is being applied. This is one of the most frequent causes of seemingly missing data. If you don't see the filter icon, you can always find it by right clicking on any column header.

If you have Move Row automation on your sheet, check to make sure the Move Row wasn't triggered.

Sometimes, very seldomly, a form will skip a portion of rows and begin inserting rows much further down the page. Again, this is rare, but I've seen it happen.

Kelly

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Jennifer Parins

Have you checked your activity log to see what it says? You could submit a form and watch the log.

Also, if you were to create a report for the sheet - does the form data show up?

If no there is no filter or automation applied then you may have to call smartsheet support. If you wanted to share your sheet, I'd be happy to take a look.

Kelly

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Jennifer Parins

Check your sheet to see if a filter is being applied. This is one of the most frequent causes of seemingly missing data. If you don't see the filter icon, you can always find it by right clicking on any column header.

If you have Move Row automation on your sheet, check to make sure the Move Row wasn't triggered.

Sometimes, very seldomly, a form will skip a portion of rows and begin inserting rows much further down the page. Again, this is rare, but I've seen it happen.

Kelly

• Thank you Kelly for your thoughts. I have seen rows lower on the sheet as well so that was one of the first things I checked. I do not have the Move Row automation active. I also have no filters.

I did a test by filling out a form to see if it registered. It did register, but as it was up on the screen (only minutes after the form was completed) it disappeared.

I am at a loss for an explanation or how to fix this. I also attempted to open a new form associated with the same sheet. That was unsuccessful as well.

Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated.

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Jennifer Parins

Have you checked your activity log to see what it says? You could submit a form and watch the log.

Also, if you were to create a report for the sheet - does the form data show up?

If no there is no filter or automation applied then you may have to call smartsheet support. If you wanted to share your sheet, I'd be happy to take a look.

Kelly