Include sheet link in automatic update request

Hi.

I use the Teams bot. I am setting workflow to generate an update request at the end date of a task. When the notification appears, it takes me to an online form. I can:

check the "done" box

change the task name

I cannot:

change the end date

see a URL anywhere to get to the sheet, nor can I include this in the automation (there's no setting for this)

Users may want to change the end date or visit the sheet for other reasons. How can I get the URL of the sheet into the update form?

thanks

Ed

Answers

• Hi @CycleBagEd

The End Date will be locked as read-only in an Update Request if you have Dependencies enabled on your sheet (see: Request fields appear as read-only).

I would personally include in the sheet URL into the custom Description of the Request. If the URL is spelled out it should be clickable from the body of the request before the users selects "Open Update Form".

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Thanks @Genevieve P. but how do I do this please?

It needs to be dynamic - it's an automation which will be rolled out in a template, I need it to be something like {this.sheet.url} and not a static link which needs to be re-set each time - this must be possible because it's coded into the email update, just not the form which appears after the user clicks on the link via the Teams bot.

thanks

Ed

• Hi @CycleBagEd

There currently isn't a way to make this dynamic; the Teams notification has different functionality than the Update Requests that are received via email. If your users need to access the source sheet, I would suggest having them open the request via email instead.

Here's the feedback form to let our Product team know about your use-case and request!

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now