Embedding powerpoint file in a dashboard - can I restrict which slide(s) are accessible?

DEW
DEW ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 03/30/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I searched around, but couldn't find an answer...so I thought I would ask the experts!

Scenario: I have embedded a powerpoint file on my Smartsheet dashboard, however, it allows the user access to flip through the whole deck. Even though I can default which slide appears in the deck when they go to the dashboard, they still have access to the whole deck.

Question:

Can I restrict the access or embedded code string in such a way that only 1 slide is available/displayed to them instead of the entire slide deck? If so, please let me know - I'm stumped!

Best Answer

• DEW
    DEW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Actually, we found the solution!

embed the image and then look up the slide ID.

As long as the image (file) and slide ID are included, it will always open up to the same slide every time.

Answers

• Hi @DEW

This is a Powerpoint setting that Smartsheet won't be able to influence. When sharing a Powerpoint deck, you can specify a slide to start on (as it sounds like you've done), however this will still share out the entire deck. See Microsoft's article on this feature, here: Share a link to a specific slide

I would suggest creating a deck that is just the one slide and then share this to Smartsheet if you want to limit access.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• DEW
    DEW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Actually, we found the solution!

embed the image and then look up the slide ID.

As long as the image (file) and slide ID are included, it will always open up to the same slide every time.

• Hi, can you please provide an example link as well as provide the steps of how you secured the Slide ID? Thanks