Carry parent & children indents into a roll-up report

Hi,

I am trying to create a gnatt chart to show offices that are consolidating into one another. My data sheet has the site that other offices are moving into as the parent row and the children row are all of the sites that are moving into that parent row. When I create a report off of my data sheet, it removed the indenting of the parent/children rows. When I manually indent on the report itself, as the report refreshes, the indents are removed.

Is there any functionality that can hold my parent/children rows in my report?

Answers

• Amanda Alv
    Amanda Alv ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not aware of any functionality that allows that (but I would love to hear otherwise!), it would be a great suggest to share in the Feature suggestion with Smartsheet).

That all being said, have you considered using a helper column in the Sheet and a Group feature in Reports?

The Helper column, lets say, "Future Site" would have the name that all the stores are moving to it in. It's helpful to put this name in the parent row as well.

Next, include and hide that column in the report.

Lastly, select the Group feature, selecting the "Future Site" column as the selection.

While this won't get you indents, it will very visibly group the same stores together, with someone of a header row, since the Parent Row will be included now. Not ideal, but may get you closer?