Forms error on submitting a google sheet document

I created a workflow that requires submitters to fill out a form by attaching a document. This form is accessed via a google site which won't let me add a downloadable excel file. As such this needs to be in google sheet form, but I receive the error below when trying to submit.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @ryan.marx

Do you receive the same error when attaching a different type of file? Forms can only accept file attachments that are stored on your computer, versus an online resource.

I'm unable to create a .gsheet type of file to test how this file type is recognized, but my guess here is that it's seen as an online file type and cannot be submitted via Smartsheet form. I would suggest adding a Text Field where your users can copy/paste the Google Sheet URL instead of attaching a file.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @ryan.marx

Do you receive the same error when attaching a different type of file? Forms can only accept file attachments that are stored on your computer, versus an online resource.

I'm unable to create a .gsheet type of file to test how this file type is recognized, but my guess here is that it's seen as an online file type and cannot be submitted via Smartsheet form. I would suggest adding a Text Field where your users can copy/paste the Google Sheet URL instead of attaching a file.

Cheers,

Genevieve