Downloading the attachments associated with a row in a report

Options

When I run a report that has an attachment on each row - is there a way to download the attachment without having to download each attachment separately and then match them to the row information? The report has 100 rows and matching the attachments will be a nightmare.

Thanks

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @MaryAnn

There currently isn't a way to bulk-download all attachments from a Report identifying the row in the Report it's associated with; you will need to download each row's attachments one at a time. Please let the Product team know of your enhancement request by filling in this form, here!

As an alternative, you could request a Backup of the Workspace where all the source Sheets are stored. This would contain a folder with all of the attachments associated with each Sheet. You would still need to sort out what attachments are the relevant ones, but it would allow you to download them all at one time.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Aly H
    Aly H ✭✭
    edited 11/17/23
    Options

Hi @MaryAnn,

You can do this using the Smartsheet API if you have some coding experience. I have done a similar project recently and was able to successfully import all Smartsheet row data (including files) to another system.

If you are unfamiliar with the API, feel free to contact me for help with integrations and automation.

Best,

Aly

Aly Hirani

Workflow, Automations & Integrations

alyh787@gmail.com

LinkedIn

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!