Smartsheet Report Builder

When setting conditions to build reports, I have found on multiple occasions in the "What?" parameters, I have needed to specify more than three conditions that need to be treated with different boolean operators...ie. return rows that have "QA/QC" specified in auto assignment OR have "QA/QC" specified in Production Status AND that are in progress.

The report builder in any single parameter does not allow me to mix the boolean operators, the must all be AND or they must all be OR. What can I do with this? Is this a bug unique to smartsheet.gov

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @RKLRpp

You are correct; the current Report Builder in the GOV instance of Smartsheet will either need your operators to all be OR or all be AND, you cannot currently mix the two in the "What?" section of the Report builder.

The updated Report builder in the default instance of Smartsheet does allow a combination of operators. Please provide your feedback to the Product team to let them know that this is a feature you need updated in the GOV instance by filling in this form, here. You can also sign up for Release Note alerts for the GOV instance on this page, here.

In the meantime, you could set up a helper column on your sheet(s) with a formula built out to check all of your possible options. Then you can filter the Report based on this helper column instead.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!