Use Sheet to complete Summary sheet or vice versa

Hi everyone:

I'm trying to figure out how to have information populate a grid from the summary tab or for the Grid to update the summary tab. The reason I am needed this information in the summary tab is that I am linking this to some dashboard widgets that I need to change as the project changes. If I'm entering information into the summary tab,

I want it to add a new row having the former row status change from current to past and the new row to be current with the information added.

I appreciate any help.

Answers

• Hi @Jim Chandler

The first thing I would do is set up a System Date Created Column in the sheet. This will automatically log when a row was created, so we can use this as a reference point to find the MAX date (or most recent date) to bring back data from.

Then in your Sheet Summary, you'll want to create one new field per column that you are looking to report on. In this field you can then use an INDEX(MATCH(MAX formula to find the MAX date and bring back the most recent value from that column.

So, in your Status field in the Sheet Summary, you could use something like this:

=INDEX(Status:Status, MATCH(MAX(Created:Created), Created:Created))

Then for the Date, make sure you create a Date type of Sheet Summary field, and use this:

=INDEX(Date:Date, MATCH(MAX(Created:Created), Created:Created))

Let me know if this works for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now