Error - "New Email address Can't Be Added"

Hi,

When I'm trying to add a new Email to my account I got the error :

But, I never used this email to log in and associate with my Smartsheet account - it is the first time when I"m trying to add it.

I read the article, https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2482297-error-email-associated-with-another-smartsheet-account#toc-to-free-up-an-email-address- but it does not help me.

And I have not had any open sessions with this email while I'm trying to add it to the existing one.

1) Tell me please - How is it possible to unlink (or free up email) the newly added email to get me the possibility to add it?

2) And how can I know with which account my newly added email is assosiated?

Thank you in advance.

Ihor I.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ihor Ivanisenko

If you've never logged in to Smartsheet with this other email, it sounds like someone may have shared a Smartsheet item to that email address. Sharing an item (such as a Sheet or Dashboard) would then auto-create a free collaborator account associated with that email address.

Emails can only be associated with one Smartsheet account at a time, so you won't be able to add this email to your current account if a free collaborator version already exists.

I would suggest logging in with this Email that you'd like to add (you can request a password re-set to that email address), then adding a different email to that account so you can free it up and move the address over.

The steps to do this are listed in the article you've linked above. I hope that helps!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ihor Ivanisenko

If you've never logged in to Smartsheet with this other email, it sounds like someone may have shared a Smartsheet item to that email address. Sharing an item (such as a Sheet or Dashboard) would then auto-create a free collaborator account associated with that email address.

Emails can only be associated with one Smartsheet account at a time, so you won't be able to add this email to your current account if a free collaborator version already exists.

I would suggest logging in with this Email that you'd like to add (you can request a password re-set to that email address), then adding a different email to that account so you can free it up and move the address over.

The steps to do this are listed in the article you've linked above. I hope that helps!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now