Sheet to workspace

Hi All, i recently copied a folder from my sheets tab into a workspace, however a number of sheets i was shared on haven't transferred over and i cannot locate them in sheets tab either. When i search the sheet in the search box the sheet can be located, when i check on properties for the file it tells me its in the workspace file that was created, but nothing there. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Mike8727

I've experienced this before where in the first couple of minutes after I've Moved a folder Smartsheet needs a bit of time to catch up and display the icons from that folder.

Try fully logging out of your account and logging in again, these icons should appear in the correct place.

However if you're only shared on these sheets are you aren't the owner of the sheets, you may not be able to move them from your generic Sheets workspace into a different location. This is because the owner of the sheet may already have them stored in a Workspace that you're not shared to (instead sharing you to the individual item, which would appear in your Sheets). See: Share an item from a Workspace

Let me know if logging out/in has helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Mike8727

I've experienced this before where in the first couple of minutes after I've Moved a folder Smartsheet needs a bit of time to catch up and display the icons from that folder.

Try fully logging out of your account and logging in again, these icons should appear in the correct place.

However if you're only shared on these sheets are you aren't the owner of the sheets, you may not be able to move them from your generic Sheets workspace into a different location. This is because the owner of the sheet may already have them stored in a Workspace that you're not shared to (instead sharing you to the individual item, which would appear in your Sheets). See: Share an item from a Workspace

Let me know if logging out/in has helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Mike8727
    Mike8727 ✭✭✭

Thanks for your help Genevieve, makes sense.