Editing Widgets - Changing Series Labels on Dashboard

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Smartsheet and tried my best research this question prior to asking it here.

I've creating a Dashboard and everything is working smoothly, except I realized that the dashboard pulls the 'Column Title' as the 'Series Label Text' for all charts.

This would make sense if we were using the data for only one specific widget or chart - however if we are using for multiple charts it would be very beneficial/useful to be able to change the series labels for each chart directly on the dashboard (the same as we can do for the chart title).

I would appreciate it if someone can direct me towards a solution or a fix to this issue.

Looking forward to your support!

Tags:

Best Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Amru

If you're using one sheet for multiple charts, I would suggest using one column for your Series Labels, with the data in the cells of the column.Then you can use the option in the chart widget to use "First Column as Labels".

For example, you could have a Metric Sheet like this:

Then you can select each portion of the Sheet for the Chart, using the first column as the Labels. Here's a webinar that goes over Dashboards and setting up your data: SmartStart: Dashboards (around 17 minutes in it has an example of a Metrics sheet).

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Amru
    Amru ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Amru

If you're using one sheet for multiple charts, I would suggest using one column for your Series Labels, with the data in the cells of the column.Then you can use the option in the chart widget to use "First Column as Labels".

For example, you could have a Metric Sheet like this:

Then you can select each portion of the Sheet for the Chart, using the first column as the Labels. Here's a webinar that goes over Dashboards and setting up your data: SmartStart: Dashboards (around 17 minutes in it has an example of a Metrics sheet).

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Amru
    Amru ✭✭
    Answer ✓