Set Print Area for Dashboard PDFs

Hello - When I try to print PDF for a dashboard, it doesn't appear that I can set the print area so some charts are not cut off. I would like to separate pages, if possible.

Is this correct? Or, are there workarounds? Thanks!

Answers

• Hi @crachon

You can set the page size and the page orientation (landscape or portrait) to adjust the way your dashboard prints based on its layout (see: Print a dashboard from Smartsheet).

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• crachon
    crachon ✭✭

Thanks. I am meaning more similar to Excel where you can set print lines and it will be placed on separate lines of the PDF, while not actually splitting up the dashboard so it will print correctly.

• I would like this also. I did a search and it seems that there are several discussions requesting the same thing dating back over 5 years. I submitted an enhancement request but this is really imperative to bridging the gap between paper and digital preferences at my company. It is incredibly labor intensive and not practical to have to develop manual work arounds.

Currently I have to build one dashboard for web viewing. Copy it and reformat it for printing. I also have to build a summary sheet for both web viewing and printing because of the lack of controls on page breaks. If there could be a widget for a section divider that drives page breaks or a page break view option on the editing side, that would would be amazing.

• Any progress on this challenge in Smartsheet? Having the same issue with beautiful dashboards that show half a chart and half a report.

• Commenting to echo the same sentiments and wishes for this feature.