Trying to Get the Donut View to Cooperate and Cannot

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get the yellow donut to display the data like the other donut but cannot understand why this won't work. Here are some screenshots. Thanks much!

Answers

• Hi,

try to modify/edit the setting of the donut chart. the range/values are not referenced properly it seems

Hope that helps

• Mere Ramsey
    Mere Ramsey ✭✭✭

Hi there, I'm not sure what settings you are referring to. I have tried to modify all settings - even comparing values to another donut chart where the display is working as expected. Any suggestions?

• I don't have an answer for you, I wanted to tell you that that dashboard looks great and I'm going to try to replicate it!! Once you get that last Widget working, this will be a terrific tool.

• Kevin Smith
    Kevin Smith ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Are you trying to show the counts of RAID items like this? If not, what do you want the widget to look like?

Thanks

Thank you,

Kevin

Happy to help if I can.

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer)

• Mere Ramsey
    Mere Ramsey ✭✭✭

Hi Kevin, yes this is what I want the widget to look like. Right now we all items are In Progress / Decision Needed but the donut is just showing Status not the actual value for the 7 or 100% values. I cannot seem to get this to show the appropriate legend of the Status values.

• Hi @Mere Ramsey

This may be due to the single grouping/value that you have in the Grouped Report. Is there any possibility of adding in a second Grouped value? Then it should show up like Kevin's image above.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Mere Ramsey
    Mere Ramsey ✭✭✭

I could add another row with a fake value, but for now everything is in one Status. I guess I'm not sure that this should matter since all of the values are available.

• Kevin Smith
    Kevin Smith ✭✭✭✭✭✭

What I do to get this widget is to create a report called Raid Counts. Then use that report to create the widget.

Thank you,

Kevin

Happy to help if I can.

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer)

• Mere Ramsey
    Mere Ramsey ✭✭✭

Hi Kevin, the second screenshot shows this report - this is what the donut is connected to. As a result, what am I missing? I'm still not getting it. Thanks so much for trying to help me with this!

• Kevin Smith
    Kevin Smith ✭✭✭✭✭✭

First make sure you have the settings; if not, please send an image of your settings. Thanks

Thank you,

Kevin

Happy to help if I can.

• Mere Ramsey
    Mere Ramsey ✭✭✭

Here you go - I don't have any other options beyond what is displayed below. I have tried to get this to match what you sent and what I see for other donuts set up the same way, and I can't get there.

• Kevin Smith
    Kevin Smith ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try checking off those other two settings. First Col. as Series labels and switch rows. Also show the values as Amount.

Thank you,

Kevin

Happy to help if I can.

• Mere Ramsey
    Mere Ramsey ✭✭✭

Kevin, I cannot change those options no matter what I do or try. In addition, I don't see anything different changing from % to Amount.

• Kevin Smith
    Kevin Smith ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I will look into it but can we restart a new report and just use the single column of Status.

Filter by status if you need to and Group by Status.

Then finally Summary by Status -- Count.

Thank you,

Kevin

Happy to help if I can.

• Kevin Smith
    Kevin Smith ✭✭✭✭✭✭

IF you then open a new DB, and add a Chart Widget.

Then add the new report. And Close the widget, no changes other than just adding the data source you should get this.

Thank you,

Kevin

Happy to help if I can.