Can I set an alert email that informs me when someone amends a smartsheet I created?

Best Answer

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly. Here's an automation you can create on any sheet:

If someone adds a row or changes any cell in any row, you're going to get an email alert so that you don't have to monitor the sheet. You can also change the "When Triggered" to Hourly, Daily, or Weekly so you will get a compilation of what changed over that course of time so you're not hammered with emails if there are a lot of updates to the sheet.

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Create an Automation for "When a row is added or changed" to an Action of Alert Someone.

• Thanks for the quick turnaround, Matt. Am I right to think that I can only do this when the smartsheet has a workflow? Currently, I'm just using a glorified approval checking sheet. I want to be alerted when someone adds something; namely, a name drop-down. I don't want to have to check every couple of hours. All the best.

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly. Here's an automation you can create on any sheet:

If someone adds a row or changes any cell in any row, you're going to get an email alert so that you don't have to monitor the sheet. You can also change the "When Triggered" to Hourly, Daily, or Weekly so you will get a compilation of what changed over that course of time so you're not hammered with emails if there are a lot of updates to the sheet.