how can i auto populate in smartsheets

I am trying to autopopulate the columns:

When I enter the GP in this column I want to populate the other column named ID as "####". How do I do that

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @PreethamG

I hope you're well and safe!

You can do it with a Formula or use a Workflow with the Change Cell Action.

Here's the formula option.

Try something like this.

=IF([Business Industry]@row = "GP", "####"

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @Andrée Starå. It did worked. Can you plesae tell me how do I add that to the whole column but not the cells. Do I have to add that every cell to populate or?

I mean do I have to add that to any priorities?

Thanks,

Preetham.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@PreethamG

Excellent!

Happy to help!

If you don't need to edit the cells, you can convert them to a Column Formula by Right-clicking on the Cell and selecting the Convert to Column Formula option. If you need to be able to edit the Cells, you'd need to add a Workflow with the Change Cell Action instead.

Make sense?

Did that work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• PreethamG
    PreethamG ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thank you so much for your time @Andrée Starå . i really appreciate that.

I'm actually unable to select the "Convert to Column Formula". Do you have any idea? why is it occcuring?

• Hi @Andrée Starå , Thank you so much for your help earlier.

It worked well. But i've got another issue as I have the other fields filled earlier. The formula is empying all the other info that I have in the Business industry and Program ID.

Is there an option/formula to apply for only the GP ones.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!