Getting user email address in smartsheet export

Options

Hi-

I am still getting my sea legs with smartsheet. I have the need to be able to export the email addresses that each user has that has been entered into specific columns in the smartsheet, however, when I export the smart sheet I am only able to see the users name. Is there a way to export the email addresses (could be more than one in a cell within the column)?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Dax

Answers

• daisyq
    daisyq ✭✭
    Options

Maybe export to text file?

• Kevin Smith
    Kevin Smith ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

This may not work for you but I thought I would offer it. If the sheet is shared to everyone that has been entered into the column you refer to, and is in a workspace, you can get a nice export. Just right click on the workspace or the sheet/report, etc in the workspace and you will the the option at the bottom.

Thank you,

Kevin

Happy to help if I can.

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer)

• Dax67
    Options

dasiyq - on my corporate smartsheet, I do not see how I can export as text.

Kevin Smith - I am not sure I understand.

• Kevin Smith
    Kevin Smith ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

When you are in the Browse mode and you right click on a Workspace or a sheet in a workspace, you get these options:

The one highlighted will give you the emails of everyone the workspace is shared with. This is not coming out of the sheet but rather the space and who is shared to the space. If, by chance, the column on the sheet is also who you have shared the space with, then you would be able to get all the emails even if you needed to filter some. There are not a lot of options to getting a list of email addresses but this one works rather well but is limited to just those who have the Workspace shared with them.

I hope that helps, however, often "Assigned To" or other Contact columns are not the made up of individuals who have the Workspace share to them. I would leave you with one more option, it doesn't solve your immediate problem butt for what you are looking for, I have set up a reference sheet which I can pull the email OR double check the email of someone in a contact field. It means setting up a sheet with Name, email, etc. but once you have that set up, you can do a few things to then capture the email address and include it for a number of purposes. If you want to know more about that, let me know.

Thank you,

Kevin

Happy to help if I can.

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer)

• Dax67
    Options

Kevin - Thanks. Will give it a shot. I appreciate the guidance.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!