How to Create an Automation Workflow to Recognize Addresses

Options

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to create a workflow where I can import randomized addresses into one column and receive an alert if one of those addresses matches the randomized addresses in a different column.

I haven't had luck trying to work it out.

Should I take a different approach, like the "COUNTIF" function? Is there a way I can tell it to count if Column A matches what I import into Column B?

Thank you,

Tyler

Best Answer

• Tyler d
    Tyler d
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Andrée,

I got some help later in the day from someone here and we were able to figure out how to make that happen. The approach we took was to use the "VLOOKUP" function with my second list of addresses on a second Sheet. Now I am able to paste in a list of addresses to see if any of them match the first reference.

Thank you for responding! I didn't see how to remove my comment so it's still up :/

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Tyler d

I hope you're well and safe!

Interesting! Can you elaborate?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Tyler d
    Tyler d
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Andrée,

I got some help later in the day from someone here and we were able to figure out how to make that happen. The approach we took was to use the "VLOOKUP" function with my second list of addresses on a second Sheet. Now I am able to paste in a list of addresses to see if any of them match the first reference.

Thank you for responding! I didn't see how to remove my comment so it's still up :/

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!