Import Google Sheet comments

Hello everyone,

Do you know if it is possible to import Google Sheet comments when importing the file itself ?

I would like to keep historical comments on the sheet and not lose them all.

Thank you,

Corentin

Best Answer

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @Corentin Dal Farra ,

Google sheets store comments in cells whereas Smartsheet stores them at specific rows or at the sheet level. For these reason Google sheet comments are currently not preserved when importing them to make a new Smartsheet. When you have a moment, please let our Product team know about your feedback by filling in this form, here. Thank you!

In my own testing, I was only able to keep comments from Google sheets by copying them into cells from my google sheet (perhaps in an individual column) and then manually adding them as conversations in specific rows or at the sheet level.

I hope this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @Corentin Dal Farra ,

Google sheets store comments in cells whereas Smartsheet stores them at specific rows or at the sheet level. For these reason Google sheet comments are currently not preserved when importing them to make a new Smartsheet. When you have a moment, please let our Product team know about your feedback by filling in this form, here. Thank you!

In my own testing, I was only able to keep comments from Google sheets by copying them into cells from my google sheet (perhaps in an individual column) and then manually adding them as conversations in specific rows or at the sheet level.

I hope this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio

• Corentin Dal Farra
    Corentin Dal Farra ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Julio S.

Thank you for your answer ! I will look at move Google Sheet comments in a column.

Have a nice day,

Corentin