How can I set a column to automatically select Yes or No based on other column criteria

gail.smith
gail.smith ✭✭
edited 05/02/22 in Formulas and Functions

If Submitted SC Form is Yes and Completed Training is Completed and SC Mailbox Status is Active than I need Completed All 3 Actions to select Yes, otherwise No if any of the three criteria are not met.

Best Answer

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@gail.smith Try this:

=IF(AND([Submitted SC Form]@row = "Yes", [Completed Training]@row = "Completed", [SC Mailbox Status]@row = "Active"), "Yes", "No")

Using AND like this allows you to enter multiple logical statements, separated by commas, which must ALL be true for the IF to select the true condition of "Yes". A common error with AND is that people forget the close off the AND statement with a parentheses before listing their true condition and false condition.

Alternatively, using OR in place of AND in the above formula would tell the IF that if ANY of the three logical statements is true, set the cell to "Yes".

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@gail.smith Try this:

=IF(AND([Submitted SC Form]@row = "Yes", [Completed Training]@row = "Completed", [SC Mailbox Status]@row = "Active"), "Yes", "No")

Using AND like this allows you to enter multiple logical statements, separated by commas, which must ALL be true for the IF to select the true condition of "Yes". A common error with AND is that people forget the close off the AND statement with a parentheses before listing their true condition and false condition.

Alternatively, using OR in place of AND in the above formula would tell the IF that if ANY of the three logical statements is true, set the cell to "Yes".

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!