Calendar App - Editing Tasks

Hello,

I am trying to update a task within the calendar app to reflect in the source sheet/report, however I get an popup box saying "Unable to update event". I based my calendar off a report I created from multiple sheets, as the owner. I am also an Admin for the workspace where are all the source sheets are housed.

Photos attached

Please advise - thanks!

Answers

• Hi @Angelique H.

There is a current bug where a task cannot be updated through the Calendar App if the RYG Symbol column has a column formula in the source sheet, and this field is set as the Symbol field in the Calendar configuration.

I don't have an ETA for when this may be fixed, but in the meantime you can change the RYG Symbol column to be configured under the 4th Tab instead of the Symbol field. This does mean that in the Calendar view you'll see the word "Green" instead of the Symbol, but in the Panel it will still show the Symbol.

Let me know if this worked for you or not!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• That makes sense. I will try that. However, I tried to update the "DM" name which is within the Data Grouping and the update did not take. This is not a column formula, but just a dropdown single select column. Are you saying because the RYG formula is attached to the row, it won't update either?

Thanks

Angelique

• Hi @Angelique H.

Yes exactly - if there's a column formula in the column set as the Symbol field, you won't be able to edit any of the other fields, even though they are not locked or do not have a column formula themselves. This is the unexpected behaviour our team is looking into.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now