Work Insights

Does anyone know what the filter syntax is for only fields that contain values? I'm try to exclude blank columns and it keeps recognizing rows that have filters in them. I'm try to get the work insight graphs to show only rows that have a drop-down choice selected.

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Miles Allison

Try creating a report from your sheet and make a graph on a dashboard from that. Within the report setup you can exclude blank columns.

• Hi @Miles Allison

I saw your other posts about Work Insights and filtering what appear to be blank cells as well. I believe that what you're experiencing is that the formula in the cells means that the row isn't considered as "blank" for the filter, but the output of the formula is a blank cell so it's still appearing in your Insight graph as a value.

I would recommend adding a helper dropdown column to your sheet with a formula in it, that checks your other column and returns text that you can filter on, like so:

=IF([Column Name]@row = "", "Exclude", "Include")

Then tomorrow you can filter based on if this helper column says "Include". This should filter out your formula rows and blank rows from your Insight chart.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now