Contact Logo

Gaurav Chauhan
Gaurav Chauhan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi team,

The contact circled logo is not appearing correctly on the dashboard.

Eg. On the underlying sheet, the contact is gaurav.chauhan@amplity.com appearing as GC in a circle.

When this field data is mapped/brought over on the dashboard, it is appearing as only G in a circle

Do we know how to fix the same since it doesnt look right

Answers

• Kevin Smith
    Kevin Smith ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Gaurav,

Question on this one, how are you 'mapping/bringing over' to the dashboard?

Are you mapping a Metric or are you pulling a report, or possibly some other way.

Thank you

Thank you,

Kevin

Happy to help if I can.

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer)

• Gaurav Chauhan
    Gaurav Chauhan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks.. We are bring that over through Metric Widget from the base sheet.

• Kevin Smith
    Kevin Smith ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you,

I am not sure I can help. I have tried it and it works. However, when I have had problems similar, it has been because of how the user was set up. For example if they are in my account and they are set up with First/Last name, it works much better and consistently than if they just have their email entered into a contact col. cell.

If they are set up that way and only showing one Character, it might need support to look at it.

Thank you,

Kevin

Happy to help if I can.

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer)

• Gaurav Chauhan
    Gaurav Chauhan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have rechecked the same. These are real contacts. My profile has a picture assigned.

On the dashboard metric widget, the Contact with the picture aligns correctly, but with the other one, the second letter is dropped out for no reason.

• Hi @Gaurav Chauhan

You are correct: currently if you are pulling through a Contact using a Metric Widget, and that Contact does not have an image associated with that email address, the Metric Widget will use just the first letter of the first name in the circle identifier (even though the underlying source sheet displays both initials).

Please provide your feedback to the Product team through this form, here.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now