Data Back up Options

I know that you can perform a weekly back-up of your data. When this is set-up does it erase the prior week’s data?

Best Answer

• ericncarr
    ericncarr ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

That's correct, you get a link in your email to download the backup - I got curious so I just confirmed that I could download backups going back to 4/16 from the email links we have but not the ones from 4/9 (it will go to a page that tells you the link has expired). The email does say it's available for 7 days though so would be best to be cautious. You're welcome!

Answers

• ericncarr
    ericncarr ✭✭✭✭✭

At my org we have weekly backups set up and it sends an email to our admin email - the download link for the backup in the email is available for 7 days (though I've been able to download it after that....). You could download each backup to keep all of your data, if that answers your question.

• Chrissia
    Chrissia Employee

Thank you Eric, so it sounds like it does not delete the week priors data or does not delete right away. Sounds like I would get an email with the data to save it if that's my choice before its purged?

• ericncarr
    ericncarr ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

That's correct, you get a link in your email to download the backup - I got curious so I just confirmed that I could download backups going back to 4/16 from the email links we have but not the ones from 4/9 (it will go to a page that tells you the link has expired). The email does say it's available for 7 days though so would be best to be cautious. You're welcome!