Create Templates for Workflow Automation?

I have 30 sheets that track projects for each of our Customers. I have setup a series of 10 different automation workflows for one of the sheets and would like to duplicate these workflows into the 29 other sheets.

Can you create your own workflow templates where I can then select them in each of the sheets? Or do I need to re-create each one in all 29 sheets (29 sheets x 10 workflows = 290 workflows!)

Thank you!

Kate

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @KGetchell

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible to create Workflow templates, so you need to re-create each or create new Customer Sheets, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hello @Andrée Starå , hello Smartsheet Team,

are there any updates on this? Could very much use the ability to create my own templates as well .

Thanks and best

Tobi

• heyjay
    heyjay ✭✭✭✭✭

Any updates on this one?

• This is something you would expect to be a standard feature: reusing Automation Workflows (a template) across sheets. This is so frustrating, I am only using this platform because my employer makes me use it, but honestly after spending some time looking at it I find it clunky and limited.

• dnavarrete
    dnavarrete ✭✭✭

andree@workbold.com

Hi Andree,

Any update on this?

It would be very helpful and a time saver.

• Bumping this suggestion! Are there any plans to implement something like this?

I'm hoping to create an automation template that I can use for myself and all users in my account. It would be amazing if we could set up a template that is pre-filled with some details (like specific fields, etc.) so that we can easily apply the template to new sheets that are created. This would save a ton of time when creating new sheets, since we want to enable some automations on all sheets. Right now, we are having to manually create the same automation workflows from scratch on every sheet we create.

Even if we can't get a full automation template feature, at least having the ability to duplicate automation workflows between sheets would be a super handy addition.