Copy Contacts

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Copying contact information from one sheet to another.

Answers

• Frank Falco
    Frank Falco ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is there any solution to this?

I have tried

• index/match with and without distinct
    • DISTINCT(JOIN(COLLECT(

When I use DISTINCT, then returns a #CONTACT EXPECTED error otherwise just the name as text.

There must be a way to copy a contact from one sheet to another?

@Genevieve P. can you assist with this one?

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 05/19/22
    Options

Hi @Frank Falco

You can pull a Contact from a Contact column into another sheet, as long as the column where you're entering the formula is also set up to be a Contact column (and as long as you're not Joining together multiple cells).

I would suggest using an INDEX(MATCH formula for this. If it isn't working, can you provide a screen capture of the source column and the formula output (but please block out sensitive data).

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Frank Falco
    Frank Falco ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P. Here are the screenshots

This is column of the sheet I am copying to

This is the column of the sheet I am sourcing/copying from

This is the code I am using in the first one to copy from the source (second) sheet

This is what is returned, just text, not a contact

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Frank Falco
    Frank Falco ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P.

I just realised what the problem is.

I had "Allow mulitple contracts per cell" on one column and not the other.

Once they are set the same it works.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Frank Falco

I'm glad you figured it out! Thanks for posting your solution 🙂

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!