Master Sheet Connected to Department Sheets - Best Way to Control

Hi All,

Looking for some advice on the best way to proceed. I have a Master Sheet that a coworker and me maintain. We would like to break out this sheet into different departments and have their administrative assistants maintain, update and add attachments to their sheets, thus updating the master sheet.

Is this best accomplished by setting up reports for each department? When they update theirs sheets it would automatically update the master sheet?

Thanks so much for your help and input!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kris Peeters

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, I would recommend doing it with Reports if there's no issue with access/privacy.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @Kris Peeters

I see you marked Andrée's comment as not answering your question, would you be able to elaborate?

I agree with Andrée, creating multiple Reports does seem the way to go! You would need to ensure everyone is shared to the underlying source sheet, but they should work from their own unique, filtered Report This will allow them to edit rows and attach files, which will then update the underlying master sheet.

Here's a webinar with more information: SmartStart: Reporting

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now