Reporting on Smartsheet rows

Options
KROnline
KROnline ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi, I'm able to use in very flexible way Smartsheet to get Updates per rows via request to users.

Now I'm looking for a way to produce a report based on a row with data out of the columns. I know about pdf generator like Docu Sign but it is not as dynamic in the field size to produce a readable Report.

Currently I'm extracting the recorded data to Excel to use other Tools for Reporting.

Is there an AddOn which enable a flexible Reporting on Smartsheet data?

Thanks Kay

Answers

• KROnline
    Options

Just to clarify once again. I don't mean the integrated Row / Summary Reporting. I want to use a dynamic report as known from Access or Reporting Services to output data from a single row into a multi-page report. With Docu Sign this would already be possible, but here the fields are fixed in their height, that means, if the text in a field exceeds the height of the output field, the size does will not be adjusted. We are collecting data and never know, how long the Text will be. This is different with known reporting tools.

Therefore the question for an AddIn that can access Smartsheet data. 

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @KROnline

I hope you're well and safe!

What about a BI tool like Power BI?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• KROnline
    Options

Hi @Andrée Starå ,

I'll check now 2 possibilities:

Service Now Connector as we use already SNOW as a central Service Managment Tool.

Live Data Connector - it enables you to interact with and visualize data stored in Smartsheet using business analytics and data visualization software such as Tableau, QlikView / Qlik Sense, Microsoft Excel, and others.

We will see how the pricing will be.

Thanks Kay

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/25/22
    Options

@KROnline

Excellent!

Happy to help!

If you have PowerBI, the integration to Smartsheet is free.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.