Can a SS Form be used like a quiz that assigns points to correct answers and tracks the results?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @MRW

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, absolutely.

The best structure depends a little on what type of questions it is.

Can you elaborate?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I'm auditing accounts and I want a standard form to complete for each account. I want to have points given for correct parts, and points deducted for missing/incomplete parts so that each audited account has a score and a way to communicate what needs improvement with the person who opened the account.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MRW

One way would be to add a so-called helper column for each question with a formula that checks for the correct answer and scores it from that.

Something like

=IF([Question 1]@row = "Correct Answer", 5, 0)

Make sense?

Would that work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thank you for your response and suggestion. I imagine that would work, but it seems cumbersome. Office 365 Forms has a quiz that automatically scores answers. So, I'll probably stick with that.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MRW

Happy to help!

Yes, if that's simpler and it's a one-time thing you don't need to have in Smartsheet, I recommend going with that solution instead.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!