How to track burn rate

I am trying to write a formula for burn rate in smartsheet. (Summary11 - Summary14) / (TODAY() - [Delivery Date]19). I want this formula to extend to [Delivery Date]514 as the data is being entered each day. When I use [Delivery Date]514 in the formula I get # DIVIDED BY ZERO error message. When I include the IFERROR in the formula I get #UNPARSEABLE error message. What I am trying to do is track the spend from the purchase order amount for each day a delivery is received. ( =purchase order amount – material cost/ (2nd Delivery Date) – (1st Delivery Date) for the complete month…….Can this be done in Smartsheet?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you able to provide some screenshots for reference?

• Each time a delivery is made the cost of delivery is subtracted from the balance of the purchase order. The formula captures the burn rate for the first delivery date ([Delivery Date]19). This is the first date entered into row 19. I want the formula to continue calculating for time delivery is made. For example The next date is May 17, 2002. The delivery cost is $1886.25. This amount is subtracting from the purchase order balance but the deliver date is not being calculated. I can change "Today()") to the next delivery date (May 17, 2022) and the formula works. But I want it to automatically work each time the delivery date and corresponding delivery cost is entered.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!