Project Plan: Setting up different work days for resources

Pamela Wagner
Pamela Wagner ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not seeing this but thought I would ask - normally we work a M-F, 8h schedule but we have 2 resources with different schedules (one is Tues - Sat and the other is in India so 13 hours off from us and not working on US Fridays). Is there a way to note that these two resources have different schedules so when we have a task start on Thurs and has a 4 day duration, that it is ok that it actually skips past Sun/Mon so the task is actually due on Tues?

Currently I just put us as 24/7 but it would be great if the system had the ability to know that Resource A is Tues - Sat so we don't have to put special eyes to those tasks.

Best Answer

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @Pamela Wagner ,

There currently isn't a way to dynamically adjust duration and dependencies schedules based on certain resource exceptions that do not adjust to your regular company schedule.When you have a moment, please let our Product team know about your feedback by filling in this form, here. Thank you!

A possible way of adjusting the time for those particular resources could be by using lag time. This would allow you to skip days for certain resources as needed while keeping all the dependencies functionality for the whole project.

I hope this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @Pamela Wagner ,

There currently isn't a way to dynamically adjust duration and dependencies schedules based on certain resource exceptions that do not adjust to your regular company schedule.When you have a moment, please let our Product team know about your feedback by filling in this form, here. Thank you!

A possible way of adjusting the time for those particular resources could be by using lag time. This would allow you to skip days for certain resources as needed while keeping all the dependencies functionality for the whole project.

I hope this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio