Include Hyperlink in Automation Email

Hello,

I have tried to use the method suggested in other posts by creating a column for my hyperlink to be used in an automation email. I used Hyperlink to create an entry in the column. The link is to a SS form.

In my automation message, I correctly referenced the column.

But when I get the email, it shows the "Display Text" without the link:

Do you know why or how to correct this?

Thanks!!

Answers

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

What happens if you try having the full URL as the Display Text in the field as well? I know it is aesthetically displeasing, but it may be a workaround for the current functionality.

• Andrea Westrich
    Andrea Westrich ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jake Gustafson, yes I can add the full URL, but I wanted something that looks more professional and it's easier for users to locate and use.

This was a solution in the community that others have been successful with, so I believe it will work, perhaps I have done something wrong.

If I have to use the full link, I'd rather not use the email feature, it's very unprofessional looking.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Paul Newcome / @Andrée Starå

Not sure if you guys have seen this, but I didn't really provide a solution for @Andrea Westrich, simply a workaround that is less than desirable. Was thinking maybe you've run into this issue before and either had a solution or know that it needs to go the route of Product Enhancement request. I haven't dealt with much URL stuff like this, so I'm not too familiar.

The only other thing I encountered while testing is that if you include that column, then the hyperlink status does carry over (for a non-Message Only alert). Not sure if you're using Message Only or not.

Example 1: full URL written out - not ideal for professionalism

Example 2: changed the text, the dynamic reference {{Website}} does not hyperlink the text, but the inclusion of the field in the list of fields does hyperlink.