Chart not showing all data when sheet is sorted

Hello,

I am encountering an issuing when trying to sort the information in my sheet that is being displayed in a chart. When I sort on the columns that contains a metric that I am displaying it reduces the amount of data being shown. The first set of images is displaying all of the information I want and the sheet is sorted on the PM column, but when sorting by any of the other columns the chart reduces the amount of information shown, as seen in the second set of images sorted on the % Time Allocated column.

Thank you,

Nick

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Nick Sor

Is it possible that after you sort your sheet, the Range selected in the Chart Widget doesn't include the rearranged rows? Using a Sheet as your source means that you need to manually select what cells are brought into the widget. I would open up the Chart Widget settings to see if your range is properly covering all the rows you want.

I would also recommend creating a Report from this metric sheet, then you can use the Report as the source - Reports will be mapped in their entirety, meaning that as new rows are added or sorted they will always be included in the chart.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Nick Sor

Is it possible that after you sort your sheet, the Range selected in the Chart Widget doesn't include the rearranged rows? Using a Sheet as your source means that you need to manually select what cells are brought into the widget. I would open up the Chart Widget settings to see if your range is properly covering all the rows you want.

I would also recommend creating a Report from this metric sheet, then you can use the Report as the source - Reports will be mapped in their entirety, meaning that as new rows are added or sorted they will always be included in the chart.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now