Data Shuttle format new data to first row?

Shawn Church
Shawn Church ✭✭✭✭
edited 08/22/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I am importing daily orders into smartsheet using Data Shuttle. Updated/new orders automatically appear at the bottom of the sheet. Is there a way to have new orders appear in the first row? Filtering data works, but I would need to filter it each time there is an update. The data shuttle is running every hour.

Best Answer

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 06/17/22

Hi @Shawn Church

Currently Data Shuttle only has the capability to bring rows in to the bottom of the sheet, as you've found.

What I would do in this instance is create a Report from that sheet, then Sort the Report by a System Date Created column, or by another value. The Report will automatically re-sort as new rows are added, so you'll be able to visualize your data in the way you'd like!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Shawn Church
    Shawn Church ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Genevieve,

This does solve one problem, but it negates the ability to apply formulas and workflows. I really want the ability to organize info in the same way I can with data from forms. The only difference is my data isn't coming from a form. And because of the volume of rows, I would prefer to have all the newest data automatically appear in the first row - just like a new form submission. If you have any other suggestions or work arounds you can think of, I'm open to suggestions.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Shawn Church

You'll still be able to have formulas and workflows off of the main destination sheet, the Report would apply the automatic sort for when you want to look at the data.

Please submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Shawn Church
    Shawn Church ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Genevieve! Even just knowing I wasn't missing something helps.