Complicated IF, AND, OR statement

Jordan Ionita
Jordan Ionita ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/16/22 in Formulas and Functions

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the formula for the following:

If the "Department Title" is "Technical Operations, Head End Ops or Design Engineer" and the "State" is "WA", then mark as "Giovan"; if the "Department Title" is "Technical Operations" and the "State is "CA or OR", then mark Ilse; if the "Department Title" is "Construction", then mark "Ashley"; if the "Department Title" is "Retail, or Sales, or Marketing", then mark "Paula; if the "Department Title" is "Warehouse or Facilities or Finance or Network Engineering", then mark "Pri", otherwise, mark "Marrianne".

LOL - I am loosing my mind over trying to figure out the formula :)

Answers

• Sameer Karkhanis
    Sameer Karkhanis ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try the below:

=IF(AND(OR([Department Title]@row = "Technical Operations", [Department Title]@row = "Head End Ops", [Department Title]@row = "Design Engineer"), State@row = "WA"), "Giovan",
    	IF(AND([Department Title]@row = "Technical Operations", OR(State@row = "CA", State@row = "OR")),"Ilse",
    		IF([Department Title]@row = "Construction", "Ashley",
    			IF(OR([Department Title]@row = "Retail", [Department Title]@row = "Sales", [Department Title]@row = "Marketing"), "Paula",
    				IF(OR([Department Title]@row = "Warehouse", [Department Title]@row = "Facilities", [Department Title]@row = "Finance", [Department Title]@row = "Network Engineering"),"Pri", "Marrianne")
    			)
    		)
    	)
    )

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!