JOIN COLLECT FORMULA

Bobby1
Bobby1 ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/16/22 in Formulas and Functions

IN PICTURE (A)- i have successful JOIN COLLECT formula

IN PICTURE (B)- I tried to replicate the formula, but add additional columns I needed to be joined as well.

IN PICTURE (B-1) Incorrrect Argument

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Hey @Bobby

The COLLECT function has the syntax of COLLECT(Range where the data is you are trying to collect), Range1, CRITERIA1, Range2, CRITERIA2, etc). The data is always added to the COLLECT function in a range-criteria pair. The formula B above does not list criteria for any of the ranges.

In Formula A, it says to collect Cost Center data when the Cost Center rows have data on the same row in the [Invoice No] column that matches the current row Unique Invoice .

If you describe the data you are trying to collect, the community can help you with the specific formula.

Kelly

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Hey @Bobby

The COLLECT function has the syntax of COLLECT(Range where the data is you are trying to collect), Range1, CRITERIA1, Range2, CRITERIA2, etc). The data is always added to the COLLECT function in a range-criteria pair. The formula B above does not list criteria for any of the ranges.

In Formula A, it says to collect Cost Center data when the Cost Center rows have data on the same row in the [Invoice No] column that matches the current row Unique Invoice .

If you describe the data you are trying to collect, the community can help you with the specific formula.

Kelly

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!