How to pull a data from another sheet after getting new information filled in by the form

ABA Brothers
ABA Brothers ✭✭
edited 06/22/22 in Formulas and Functions

Hello,

I would like to pull data from another sheet to the current sheet after someone fills in the form which has been created, for example, I share the link of the form that is created, there will be only a place to write his full name, and when this info gets to the sheet, I need that data be found in another sheet and filled in with appropriate information in the other column data. I have tried vlookup formula and it works fine the formula itself, but the information filled in the form is jumping to the other row down where the formula is not applied. how can I make that info to be in the same row where the formula is set. is there any settings that allows to do that, or maybe there is another automated things in Smartsheet that solve that kind of cases.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @ABA Brothers

I hope you're well and safe!

You could add a System Column (Auto-Numbering) on one sheet and then add the numbers manually on the other sheet, and then they will match up. I'd also recommend using an INDEX/MATCH structure instead if possible.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!