Conditional Formatting Help

Options

I am wondering if there is a way in Smartsheet to be able to setup conditional formatting so that in a column called "Current" there is a cell in row 1 that has the logic to show that the current month is June-2022. I have this setup already (and so on July 1st it will switch automatically to July-2022.

What I want to do is in a different column setup conditional formatting to BOLD and UNDERLINE the current month (where the column is labeled Month and it has June-2022 in cell 1 ; July-2022 in cell 2 etc. I want the current month to be BOLD and UNDERLINE in that column and was trying to setup conditional formatting but am not finding how to setup the rule based on the value in a different cell.

Any thoughts?

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Iastate7653

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, but you'd need to reference the row 1 cell in the current column on all the other rows or add a so-called helper column where you reference to row 1 instead, and then reference it in the Conditional Formatting Rule(s).

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!