Is the a function that identifies if a row has an attachment

Options

I want to set a flag (symbol or check box) on a row if that row does not have an attachment.

I know I can filter on that, but that is not the whole solution I need.

I really need to have something I can count and filter on in reports

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Tags:

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Frank Falco

Glad to hear you're well!

You could have a Workflow that triggers when an attachment gets added, and then that flags or checks a box, but the issue is that (as far as I know) there isn't a way to do the same when deleting an attachment.

I'd recommend adding another checkbox or flag that the user would check if they remove all attachments. Then, you'd have a workflow that triggers to remove the first checkbox indicating any attachments on the row.

Would that work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Frank Falco

I hope you're well and safe!

Would you need it to work if you also remove all attachments on a row?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Frank Falco
    Frank Falco ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/30/22
    Options

@Andrée Starå I am doing well, thanks for asking.

Ideally, yes. There should be an attachment so if they are removed need to know that.

I need to know if it has or does not have an attachment. Then I can checkbox set in either case.

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Frank Falco

Glad to hear you're well!

You could have a Workflow that triggers when an attachment gets added, and then that flags or checks a box, but the issue is that (as far as I know) there isn't a way to do the same when deleting an attachment.

I'd recommend adding another checkbox or flag that the user would check if they remove all attachments. Then, you'd have a workflow that triggers to remove the first checkbox indicating any attachments on the row.

Would that work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Frank Falco
    Frank Falco ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was afraid of that.

Unfortunately, the users cannot be trusted to consistent set flags.

It would be great to have a hasattachment function.

Will have to suggest that with a lot of the other functions we have been asking for.

Thanks for your help @Andrée Starå

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Frank Falco

You're more than welcome!

Yes, great idea!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!