Date Stamp Workflow Automation not working

Options
iamsteve
iamsteve ✭✭
edited 07/04/22 in Formulas and Functions

I have a simple workflow automation that I created which is not working. It is a date stamp action to be recorded in a date-specific column, with the condition being a sum reached in a text/number column, and with the trigger being a row added or changed. My sum column (2022 - Total) works correctly, adding the sum of 8 other columns. My conditional formatting works correctly, changing the cell color when the sum changes from 0 to >1, and then again when the sum = 8, but no date stamp is recorded in my date column when this sum of 8 is reached. I am stumped. 

I've uploaded a screenshot of my workflow.

I would very much appreciate assistance resolving this. 

Thanking you in advance.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @iamsteve

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share a screenshot of the sheet too? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• iamsteve
    iamsteve ✭✭
    edited 07/04/22
    Options

Hi @Andrée Starå,

Thanks for your reply :)

Honestly, I do not know how a screenshot of my actual sheet will help, as that won't show the formulas I've used and will only reveal information which I should not make public.

I have columns 1-8 which are set up as cross sheet reference, countif formulas. They document if an individual has completed each of 8 required assessments (they work). Column 9, my "2022 - Total" column, is a simple sum of columns 1-8 (it works). And the workflow automation is a simple date stamp which is triggered when the "2022 - Total" column equals a sum of 8. The date stamp is set to populate column 10, when this specific condition is met (it does not work). I have conditional formatting set up on the same "2022- Total" column, where the cell changes colour if the sum value is greater than zero, and then again when the sum value is equal to eight (this works).

I have another timestamp on this sheet set up in the same fashion for a different criteria set. It works as it is suppose to. But this one does not work.

I have tried disabling, & reenabling the workflow automation; deleting other workflows that are not imperative at the moment; deleting & creating the exact workflow again; to no avail. And...I am out of ideas.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated! :)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!