How do I change the default print font

Options

I created a Smartsheet which had the default font size of Arial 10. I added conditional formatting to BOLD projects in progress. These projects are now barely legible in printed form. I want to increase the print font to size 12. I have used the formatting option within the sheet to 'Select all Columns' and apply the new font size of 12. New line items have the new font size of 12. I have logged out and logged back in and the new size 12 is kept. When I print the sheet, it prepares the Preview in font size 10 and prints in font size 10. How do I get the sheet to print is font size 12?

Tags:

Answers

• TonyK
    TonyK ✭✭
    Options

Actually, I just answered my own questions. This is a function of the 'Scaling' option to 'Fit to Width'. I exported to Excel and the Excel file has the size 12 font. However, when I scale the print to 1 page wide within Excel, the same thing occurs - the font is scaled down in order to 'Fit to Width'. So, the solution is to be sure to enable word wrap on appropriate columns and narrow the sheet until scaling does not affect the font when printing.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @TonyK

I hope you're well and safe!

Glad you solved it!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Please support the Community by marking your post with the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.