Power of Focus - Meg Young

Options
Alison Clancy
Alison Clancy Employee Admin
edited 04/24/24 in Show & Tell

We recently chatted with Meg Young (@Meg Y) at Heinemann Publishing. Meg has been a Smartsheet user since 2016, and uses it for executive dashboards, reporting, project management, and the Jira connector.

Here's what she had to say about how she utilizes his Power of Focus and Smartsheet to amplify the work she does.

How do you use Smartsheet at work?

The use of Smartsheet is growing in our department. Currently, it is used to submit new projects using forms and intake sheet. Dynamic View was creating using the master projects as its source. This allows our delivery leads and products to submit their project updates quickly. All the data is "sliced and diced" into different reports and represented in different formats on the Executive Dashboard and Portfolio Dashboards.

Describe a time when you utilized your power and Smartsheet to succeed at work.

When working on a high profile project that had a very tight deadline. We were implementing a new system that had to go live within a few days of deprecating the old system.

Is your power something you intuited or something you learned?

It is more intuited than learned.

Has there ever been a time when you needed to flex your power to accomplish something?

Yes. A project manager working on the implementation of a new system that had to be tested, moved to production, and live in that had to be in production and live of I worked on a project that had to be completed had a project that had very tight deadlines as one system was being deprecated

Fill in the blank: I feel most in my power when I _______.

When I am working on developing new solutions, creating processes and workflows, and working on process improvements. I also feel most in power when solving problems.

What does your power mean to you?

My takeaway is that I have the ability to block out my surroundings when needing to get something done.

Tags: