Power of Velocity - Kelly Moore

Options
Alison Clancy
Alison Clancy Employee Admin
edited 04/24/24 in Show & Tell

We recently chatted with @Kelly Moore of Syngenta. As one of our top contributors in 2021, Kelly can be seen in the Smartsheet Community regularly helping others and sharing her valuable insights. You can read more about Kelly in her Member Spotlight here.

Here's what she had to say about how she utilizes her Power of Velocity and Smartsheet to amplify the work she does.

Has there ever been a time when you needed to flex your power to accomplish something?

I imagine everyone has had to flex their Velocity power. My most notable was when a huge project (multiple sheets with over 200 columns each) went from "No data migration from old system, we'll start the process clean" to "Change of plan, the Go-Live in 3 weeks will include full data migration."

Oh my gosh, the pressure! The old system had suddenly failed and that critical global business process was now at a standstill. I had to rethink process triggers throughout the entire system so that hundreds (thousands?) of notifications wouldn't suddenly flood historical users when the old data was imported.

Through the flexibility of Smartsheet Automation, seamless integration with the Premier apps, and exhausting commitment by the testing team, we managed to hit the launch date. Phew!

Tags: