Power of Leadership - Sing Chen

Options
Alison Clancy
Alison Clancy Employee Admin
edited 04/24/24 in Show & Tell

We recently chatted with @Sing C who runs the PMO Practice and Operations group in a global organization in the Human Capital Management (HCM) space.

Here's what he had to say about how he utilizes his Power of Leadership and Smartsheet to amplify the work he does.

How do you use Smartsheet at work?

We've been using Smartsheet in my organization since May 2021, to run our PMO. From a delivery perspective, Smartsheet takes care of everything from intake submission and approval to program and project delivery to closure and lessons learnt activities. From a Practice Management perspective, we manage our PMO roadmap delivery and Practice backlog using Smartsheet as well as a range of operational activities for our department.

Describe a time when you utilized your power and Smartsheet to succeed at work?

Having introduced a PMO toolkit built with Smartsheet, we've had the opportunity over the last 12 months to establish a feedback and continuous improvement framework (using Smartsheet!). Providing a route for the team who work with the tooling solutions to direct how they grow and mature is making a difference for us.

Is your power something you intuited or something you learned?

Leadership has most definitely been an intentional and learned power. Every situation is different, every interaction and dynamic is different and I love the opportunity to gain these new experiences on a daily basis.

Has there ever been a time when you needed to flex your power to accomplish something?

Identifying those tactical improvements in our tooling gave me the opportunity late 2021 to lead and influence upwards - which has brought us to implementing Smartsheet Control Center, further supporting our growth and scale.

Fill in the blank: I feel most in my power when I _______.

I feel most in my power when I collaborate with people and telling stories; working with them, listening to them, and supporting them.

What does your power mean to you?

Having the opportunity to bring out the best in others and create an environment where individuals can grow and develop is what I love most about my power.

Tags: