SmartSheet Form Automated Email Notification Of Non-Started Requests 30,60, 90 days

Ryan Narlock
Ryan Narlock ✭✭
edited 07/06/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

Has anyone been able to setup an automated email notification to requesters of the smartform that their project request is still in the queue of 30, 60, and 90 days? I have automated email notification the request has been received but want to continue to let them now it's in the request list and not started.

Thanks,

Ryan

Answers

• Ella
    Ella ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

you can use "When a date is reached" notification and have it send out to requester based on +n days after Created Day of the request and if Status is blank or In Progress, but not Completed.

• Thanks Ella! That was the logic I was thinking of using but the challenges is capturing their email when submitting. When the form is submitted, it does not pull it in. I could add that to the form to capture but in the automation setup, to send an email it must be in the assigned to column. Any thoughts on how to get around that?

• Ella
    Ella ✭✭✭✭

@Ryan Narlock Hi Ryan, I just saw your comment. The only way to do so is to require Smartsheet login so that the submitter logs in to complete the form. Then you can send the notification to the Created By system field. Not sure why you have to send to the Assigned to column only.