Sheet Access via API

Options
chuckleswk
chuckleswk ✭✭
edited 07/20/22 in API & Developers

I've looked through all of the documentation for the API but have been unable to find out if there was a way to see Collaborators and Permissions for each sheet. I had seen previous posts of people asking for this and had it recommended as a future feature. Is there an update on this? Was this done and I'm just missing the query for it?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @chuckleswk

You can use List Sheet Shares or List Report Shares to get the users shared to a specific Smartsheet item and their permission level.

You can also download a CSV from the UI if you need to get this data all at once in a Sheet Access Report (if you're a System Admin) see: Create a sheet access report

Cheers,

Genevieve

• chuckleswk
    Options

I have been able to use both List Sheet Shares and List Report Shares, but this is only pulling reports / sheets that I have access to. I am a system Admin and the only way to see all sheets and who they've been shared with is by using the Sheet Access Report. Should the System Admin Token be able to access a list of all of the sheets / reports using the API?

While the Sheet Access Report gets me what I want, I am trying to create an API pull that would gather all of the information using the API.

Another thing to note is that these queries also would require me to go sheet by sheet to pull all of that information and at over 6500 sheets, it would take me quite a while to pull all of that information together using the API.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @chuckleswk

Thanks for clarifying your use-case! There currently isn't a way to generate that specific report (the Sheet Access Report) from the API, even with a System Admin token. This Report will need to be generated through the UI in the Admin Center.

You can submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

Thanks,

Genevieve